- Start by having a clear pedagogical rationale of what you what to achieve. Once you are clear about your educational goals you can then begin to think how new technology can be used to support these goals.
- Don’t expect to get every single teacher to take on new ideas, start by encouraging a group of digital champions to model the use of new technology. Once your digital champions have demonstrated the efficacy of the new technology you’ll begin to draw in other teachers to your program.
- Don’t walk before you can run! start with small manageable pilot project that can then be grown to support education across the school.
- It’s not just about the teachers! You must involve all stakeholders in any change, including students, parents, governors and members of the local community.
- The leadership team need to take the lead. You will never get any new tech to work if the leadership team delegate the development to a middle leader. The leadership team should be up there with the digital champions modelling good practice.
If you want your school to make more effective use of technology then here are some tips: