KS3 Resources - Unit 1 - Introduction to Computational Thinking
This unit provides detailed teaching resources to teach students about computational thinking. It can be used for remote and online learning by computer science teachers and non-specialist teachers, This unit includes a:
- PowerPoint presentation (43 Slides)
- PDF teaching file
- Unit Test (including mark scheme)
This unit can be taught in a classroom with no computers.
What will students learn in Unit 1?
• I understand the terms algorithm, decompose, abstraction and pattern recognition.
• I can produce a simple algorithm that solves a problem.
• I can produce an algorithm that solves a problem.
• I can apply the terms algorithm, decompose, abstraction and pattern recognition.
• I can compare two algorithms that perform the same task and understand why one algorithm is more efficient than another algorithm.