KS3 Resources - Unit 1 - Introduction to Computational Thinking
This unit includes a:
- PowerPoint presentation
- PDF teaching file
- Unit Test (including mark scheme)
These resources can be used by a computing teacher or a non-specialist teacher to teach about computational thinking. This unit can be taught in a classroom with no computers.
What will students learn in Unit 1?
• I understand the terms algorithm, decompose, abstraction and pattern recognition.
• I can produce a simple algorithm that solves a problem.
• I can produce an algorithm that solves a problem.
• I can apply the terms algorithm, decompose, abstraction and pattern recognition.
• I can compare two algorithms that perform the same task and understand why one algorithm is more efficient than another algorithm.