- AQA GCSE Computer Science 8525 (from 2020)
- Teacher Pack: Unit 3.7 Relational Databases and SQL 8525 (from 2020)
Teacher Pack: Unit 3.7 Relational Databases and SQL 8525 (from 2020)
The resources within this Teacher Pack cover all aspects of the specification in relation to AQA GCSE Computer Science 8525 (from 2020) component 3.7.
· Teaching PowerPoint (includes checkpoint questions and answers) - 23 slides
· Student PowerPoint (Includes checkpoint questions, but omits the answers)
· Homework/Classwork Activities (+ mark schemes)
o Relational Databases
o Relational Databases and SQL
· End of unit test (+ mark scheme)
Explain the concept of a database.
Explain the concept of a relational database.
Understand the following database concepts:
• primary key
• foreign key.
Understand that the use of a relational database facilitates the elimination of data inconsistency and data redundancy.
Be able to use SQL to retrieve data from a relational database, using the commands:
• ORDER BY…ASC | DESC
Be able to use SQL to insert data into a relational database using the commands.
INSERT INTO table_name (column1, column 2 …)
VALUES (value1, value2 …)
Be able to use SQL to edit and delete data in a database using the commands.
UPDATE table name
SET column1 = value1, column2 = value2 ...
DELETE FROM table_name WHERE condition