- KS3 Resources
- Professor Cody Teaches Kids to Code using Scratch 3.0 – Lesson 6 – Using Arrays (Lists)
Professor Cody Teaches Kids to Code using Scratch 3.0 – Lesson 6 – Using Arrays (Lists)
This resource has been produced to teach children from 8 – 14 years of age about programming concepts by creating fun activities using the visual programming language Scratch 3.0. The activities and challenges have been designed to provide a stimulating, engaging and effective way of improving students’ knowledge of core programming concepts.
Lesson 6 includes:
- A student worksheet including activities and challenges.
- A teacher PowerPoint for use in class or online.
- A complete video tutorial.
- Scratch templates to get your students started.
This lesson introduces the concept of Arrays using Scratch Lists. Students have the opportunity of developing programs that use arrays to make a birthday present list. They also get to make a memory game, where they have to memorise a series of items in a list. Finally, they use an array to create a high scorer list in a game. Students also have to complete a series of challenges at the end of each activity.