- KS3 Resources
- Professor Cody Teaches Kids to Code using Scratch 3.0 – Lesson 5 – Using Procedures & Functions
Professor Cody Teaches Kids to Code using Scratch 3.0 – Lesson 5 – Using Procedures & Functions
This resource has been produced to teach children from 8 – 14 years of age about programming concepts by creating fun activities using the visual programming language Scratch 3.0. The activities and challenges have been designed to provide a stimulating, engaging and effective way of improving students’ knowledge of core programming concepts.
Lesson 5 includes:
- A student worksheet including activities and challenges.
- A teacher PowerPoint for use in class or online.
- A complete video tutorial.
- Scratch templates to get your students started.
This lesson introduces the concept of Procedures and Functions using My Blocks.
Students have the opportunity of developing programs that use procedures to spray a car in a car factory as well as procedures used to build a house. They will also have the opportunity to create a function that returns a value to the main program. Students also have to complete a series of challenges at the end of each activity.