- KS3 Resources
- Professor Cody Teaches Kids to Code using Scratch 3.0 – Lesson 4 – Using Iteration (Repetition)
Professor Cody Teaches Kids to Code using Scratch 3.0 – Lesson 4 – Using Iteration (Repetition)
This resource has been produced to teach children from 8 – 14 years of age about programming concepts by creating fun activities using the visual programming language Scratch 3.0. The activities and challenges have been designed to provide a stimulating, engaging and effective way of improving students’ knowledge of core programming concepts.
Lesson 4 includes:
- A student worksheet including activities and challenges.
- A teacher PowerPoint for use in class or online.
- A complete video tutorial.
- Scratch templates to get your students started.
This lesson introduces the concept of Iteration (Repetition) and students have the opportunity of developing programs that repeat loops as well as forever loops. They will learn how to make programs more efficient by creating shapes using a repeat loop and will then move on to create a scary game using repeats and forever loops. Students also have to complete a series of challenges at the end of each activity.